Saturday, April 14, 2018

Day 1: 30-Day Pushup Challenge



For those of you who were jocks in high school, motivation to workout is unnecessary. For the rest of us, motivation to get active in adulthood is elusive.  Frankly, I would rather do absolutely nothing than move my body to the point of getting sweaty and out of breath. However! I am aware that daily movement and sweat = looking good.  Also, health = feeling good. But let's be real, it's about looking good. So, in the pursuit of vanity, I have decided to adopt the (almost entirely arbitrary) goal of doing 50 consecutive pushups.
Those biceps!
Step one is a 30-Day challenge to do as many pushups per day as possible. Pretty sure this will tone my arms nicely. I've always wanted to have better upper-body strength and look more like a soldier than a muppet. 
No biceps to speak of.
Today, I can do approximately 1.5 regular pushups, or 10 on my knees. It's going to take a while, I guess, but if I do as many as I can every day, then I should probably be able to reach my goal sometime before Christmas. 

No comments: