Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Idea

In the spirit of John Goddard's "Life List," I have decided to establish a list of 100 things to do in my lifetime. While he climbed Everest, ran a five-minute mile, and traveled through over 120 countries, my list will include some less extreme goals. Such as milking a cow.

But I do have some lofty pursuits too. Like writing a novel and running a marathon.

So far, I have managed to cross the following off my list:

- earn a degree
- donate blood (x3)
- go hang gliding
- work on a sheep farm (New Zealand)
- hold a koala bear (Australia)
- keep a daily diary for a year starting on my birthday
- teach ESL overseas (South Korea)
- get my nose pierced
- get my hair dreadlocked
- ride a horse at a full gallop on a beach
- fire a shotgun and a pistol at a shooting range
- get a Swedish and a Shiatsu massage

My list will be comprised of 100 things to learn, see, do, and attempt, and will likely be updated and appended as time goes by. At twenty-six I can foresee many possibilities for the future, but as more of a thinker than a doer I am hoping that this public posting of my goals will drive me into action.

Carpe Diem!

No comments: