Sunday, July 20, 2008

Progress on Board and In the Air

Been practicing the ball tossing while standing next to my bed and listening to Bach. The height of the bed means that when I drop the balls I don't have to keep bending over to pick them up, and the music helps to keep a rhythm. At this point I've got one rotation down - I can get all three balls in the air and catch them, but that's where it stops. So it's a slow process, this learning to juggle.

As for Moby Dick, I've reached chapter 35, which means that Ishmeal and Queequeg have finally boarded The Pequod and met captain Ahab, and I'm about one sixteenth of the way through the book. Have yet to meet the whale.

1 comment:

MegDC said...

Enjoy Moby Dick, it's fantastic! If you need help with any of the vocabulary, there's a new annotation at www.powermobydick.com, geared to first-time readers. Just FWIW.

Good luck with your list!