Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pace Bunny

I feel like a real runner now. This woman in the clinic this morning came up to me at the end of the run and said she'd been using me as her pace bunny and hadn't been able to catch up to me. I was a pace bunny!

We did a 12 km run with a "fast finish," which means we had to kick it up a notch for the last two kilometers or so. I kicked it up two notches and imagined I was coming in to the end of a race. It was raining and it seemed so hardcore. The only downside to today's workout was the fact that I didn't have time for breakfast and tried a couple of gel packs during the run. Mis-take. No breakfast + 2 gel packs = diarrhea.

It wasn't an Ironman moment on someone's front lawn or anything, but I did have to interrupt a nice conversation with a nice man while we were stretching back at the shop very suddenly and beeline it to the bathroom. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

No comments: