Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weak abs/small arms

Last night I had my last session with my personal trainer at Innovative Fitness. I asked her to show me how to do a proper push-up and a proper sit-up and give me some advice on how to generally develop a kick-ass upper body. Right now I look more like Grover (think long, thin, weak arms) than G.I. Jane. I'd like to feel strong all over, not just in my legs. I'd like to know I can bench press more than just the bar, and that I can have abs that are functional and not just for show.

So she put me through the ringer in a one-hour workout as usual, and I realized I can do a push-up or two, but nowhere near 50... yet... and as for sit-ups, well, let's just say there's a reason my hip flexors are so tight. They've been doing all the work. So I'm going to start small by sticking my feet under my dresser while I do one or two sit-ups a day. I'm also going to do "girly" half-push-ups (knees on the ground) until I can do 50 of those before I move on to the real thing.

It's a big goal, and I'm way far off, but I've started and I don't want to turn back. I will prevail! Prevalence is mine!

Goal: 50 "girly" push-ups and one genuine sit-up by Nov. 30.

No comments: