Friday, August 29, 2008

Running Goal

I was just thinking to myself that it would be really cool to run a marathon on my thirtieth birthday. As far as I know, races are pretty much always held on Sunday mornings, and it just so happens that my 30th will fall on a Sunday. Very exciting! I think it's fate. Now I need to figure out which city will be hosting a marathon (besides the Olympics in London) and get going with my training!

A couple of days ago I went for a short run. It was the first time I'd run more than twenty paces in about six months, and I managed 3 km. I think I could have probably gone farther, but I'm glad I didn't try to because my quads are still aching today. Clearly I have fallen off the running bandwagon.

Not going to worry too much at the moment, however, because as of midnight tonight my entire focus will be on writing a novel over the course of this long weekend. It will be a literary marathon of sorts.

No comments: