Sunday, December 26, 2010

Triumph 8

Hadn't been for a run since Dec. 8, but today I broke the exercise drought and tried out my brand spanking new Saucony Triumph 8 running shoes. I really should have got myself a new pair of runners about six months ago, so it felt great to have padding under my feet again! This particular shoe has been great for me for the past few years, so I plan to just keep getting the updated version each time I wear out a pair. A quality pair of running shoes is not cheap but definitely necessary for distance running. I also use orthotics, which I'm praying will guard against runner's knee, shin splints, and heaven forbid, stress fractures. I've had a stress fracture in my femur, and it's really worth avoiding.

Anyway, today I ran hills for 40 minutes and other than a bit of a side cramp, I think I ran at my usual pace, so it seems I've not lost much in terms of cardio. No idea how my legs are going to feel tomorrow, but that's okay. I'll take tomorrow off and run again on Tuesday. A week today I'll be starting a four-month half marathon clinic with the Runner's Den in Port Moody. Can't wait!

No comments: