Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Running...for the train

Haven't been for a run in about nine days (unless you count running through downtown in a pinstripe suit to make the train home from work.) So I'm not feeling especially ready for the half marathon training clinic kick-off on January 2. The problem is this: I'm working a three month contract that involves me being in a window-less office way downtown for eight hours a day, Monday to Friday. It's almost the shortest day of the year, so getting up when it's still dark and getting home when it's dark again means I've really no (safe) time to go running. I honestly don't know what other women do. Treadmill at the gym? First of all, that just sucks, and I don't want to have to pay to run. That's crazy. Running is free. And outdoors.

Can't wait for Saturday, I tell ya that!

No comments: