Sunday, January 30, 2011

12 km

Three laps of the perimeter trail at Mundy Park today (4 km X 3 = 12 km) in 1:24:08 for my long Sunday run and I felt great. That's the farthest I've ever run, and I thought I'd be really sore or tired, but it wasn't bad. Probably due to the soft bark mulch trails, and hills, which helped stop the monotonous straight running on streets that's so hard on the hip flexors.

The only problem with running for more than an hour is that it gets boring. My brother Pavel joined me for the last half of the final lap, though, so that was fun. I like running on my own, but it's nice to have someone to talk to when it's a really long run.

No aches or pains tonight, so I'm grateful for a healthy body. Will start doing strength training to build up my quads 'cause I think that will be a good way to prevent repetitive strain injuries.

No comments: