Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Big Sisters On Hold

After going through the training session and a personal interview in April, I officially became a Big Sister as of early May. I got my membership card in the mail, and was told I'm on the list to be matched up with a Little in my area as soon as possible. Well, that was about two months ago now, and I've not heard anything from my counsellor at the Big Sisters office in Vancouver. I guess they're not as desperate for Bigs as I thought.

That's okay, though, because I've got a few projects pending, and I'd like to be able to have the freedom to take off next month if they pan out. Maybe even for the next few months... and it would be impossible with a weekly committment to a Little Sister here in town.

So, I'm going to stay on the waiting list and see what transpires in the next few weeks. Right now I'm still working on writing assignments but I have a few more ideas brewing, and a few more bucket list items soon to be checked off... stay tuned.

No comments: