Monday, March 4, 2013
The Biggest, Baddest Bucket List around
Wanna get paid to cross items off your bucket list?
Check this out. This company – mydestination.com is holding open auditions for a travel show host/blogger for a six-month, all expenses paid round-the-world trip and (for serious?) $50,000 cash. The winner will embark in the summer and be home by Christmas. Do you want this? I want this.
To enter, submit a photo of yourself, a short blogpost about a travel experience, and a three-minute video of yourself showcasing a destination. Make it good. Make it really good.
Here's some tips for what I think the judges will be looking for:
1. Charisma on screen – don't be boring. (Obvious, and yet many people make boring videos of themselves every day.)
2. Your true self. Don't make it all about showing how "zany" you are, despite wanting to demonstrate how un-boring you are. It's a fine balance. But just have fun, because if you do, your viewers will, too.
3. Internet skillz. If you're already comfortable interviewing strangers, writing, taking great photos and writing snappy blog posts, you're golden. If not, learn quick. The Internet is a wise teacher.
4. A story. You'll want to show that you can capture the attention of your audience and inspire them to follow you on your journey.
5. An open mind. You're going to have a lot of different experiences if you get picked for this gig. It's not going to always be a vacation and you're not going to stay comfy inside your comfort zone. Be willing to ride a horse. On the beach.
Enter Here until March 31, 2013