Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Goals

Every year, on Jan. 1, I feel a wonderful optimistic anything-is-possible vibe, regardless of the weather, what I had for breakfast, how hungover I may be, or what I'll be doing the next day. There's just something about the first day of a new year that's deep in my psyche as a really good thing. The day always includes some time in nature and a sense of gratitude and enthusiasm for life. I wish I could conjure this feeling on a random Tuesday in March and feel this good for no good reason every day.

Of course, Jan. 1 is a day for Resolutions. For me? The usual: health/fitness, finances, relationships, yadda yadda yadda, but also the bucket list. For Christmas I got a book called Creating Your Best Life, about getting to your goals and fulfilling all your hopes and dreams through your life list, and how to best go about doing that. Flipping through it, I've realized my bucket list could use some tweaking. Some things on the list should be more specific.

More importantly, though, this year is going to be about having more fun. Everyone could really use more fun in their lives (except maybe clowns and Casey Neistat, who clearly already have that one down) and I think it's a good resolution.

I also talked to a couple of psychics last week (for my job at the paper) and they informed me that 2013 is going to be a good year the world over (except for Justin Beiber and the Iranian government). So I'm looking forward to getting back to working on my list and just having a raging good time in the next 12 months.



No comments: