Thursday, May 16, 2013

Flappers

So it's been two weeks since I started climbing again and I've discovered what it means to have flappers – the little bits of skin that dangle from the spots where calluses should and hopefully will soon be.

My hands are obviously those of an office worker. They're soft and delicate and not used to hard labour. For now, I'll have to keep taping my fingers to prevent flappers and the bloody mess that comes from scraped knuckles and ripped blisters. Ew.


The climbing is going well. In fact, it's going so well I'm finding myself daydreaming about bouldering problems at work, and I realized tonight that ta-da! my fear of heights is gone. I'm not going to question it too deeply, but rather just be delighted that acrophobia is obviously something that can vanish as quickly as it appears.

No comments: