Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Vegan week – Day 4

This was definitely my best vegan day so far. Mostly because tonight I had the best cheesecake I've had in years. Which is crazy, since it contained no cheese of any kind, though I swear the taste and texture would fool any foodie. Check out this amazing dark cherry vegan cheesecake awesomeness (I think it's made from puréed cashews).
Ermahgerd, so good. 
Dinner tonight was at The Sprout after a hike this afternoon at Cape Spear. Nothing like a long walk next to the sea to work up an appetite. Here's the rest of what I ate today...

Breakfast:
NutriBullet smoothie made with 1/2 banana, 3 large chunks watermelon, handful berries, handful spinach, 2 inches cucumber, 1/2 stalk celery, tbsp chia seeds.
Morning snack:
pecans
Lunch:
 Spinach salad with broccoli, carrot, celery, avocado, hemp hearts, roasted sunflower seeds, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Afternoon snack:
Cracker Jack, your surprisingly vegan-friendly junk food of choice.
Dinner:
Vegan tofu burger with roast potatoes at The Sprout.

No comments: