Thursday, August 28, 2014

Vegan week – Day 5

I had the best intentions today of making lentil soup from scratch, but I got lost in doing other work this evening. By the time I realized I was hungry it was 9 p.m. and I didn't feel like taking more than seven minutes to make food so I had my last Mr. Noodles. It was very satisfying, not just because it was spicy and full of salt, but because it only took seven minutes. 

No matter how much I might love food, and no matter how much I might come to love vegan cuisine, I don't think I'll ever learn to love cooking. I just can't see it as worth my time. I was sitting there slurping the noodles, pondering the 27 or so other things that would undoubtedly have been better than standing at the stove, and realizing how much I admire, but just don't relate to those who love to prepare food. It just gets eaten in a 10th of the time it takes to make and then you have to do it all over again three times a day. It's exhausting just to think about.

Anyway, here's the rundown of today's vegan diet...

Breakfast:
Silver Hills sprouted bakery flax bread (no eggs or dairy) with Nuts To You almond hazelnut butter, and fruit.
Lunch:
Spinach and baby kale salad with carrot, celery, cucumber, avocado, hemp hearts, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. 

Afternoon snack:
Steamed vanilla soy milk with a vegan brownie from Jumping Bean Coffee.
Dinner:
Mr. Noodles (veggie) again, with broccoli stems and Sriracha hot sauce.

No comments: